By Lithgow City Council
Spectacular lighting projections, scary shop window displays, roving zombie street entertainment and special in-store promotions will form part of a unique Halloween themed shop local experience in Lithgow during late October.
Lithgow Mayor Maree Statham said: “Council is committed to supporting the concept of getting people into the spirit of shopping locally and supporting the economic vitality of our own town and villages.
“Initiatives such as this one will draw attention to our ever increasing range of retail offer and services in a fun and unique way with the community.’’
With a focus on a special late night trading experience on the evening of Halloween Thursday, October 31, the council is working with a large number of local businesses to create public street attractions as well as in-store promotions that will showcase Lithgow’s great range of retail offer and services.
Features of the event will include:
- Themed shop front window displays
- Special offers and promotions by local businesses
- Safe “trick or treat’’ CBD trail for children and parents
- Themed light projections on buildings and public spaces
- Live street and venue entertainment
- Special Halloween cuisine in cafes, restaurants and bistros
- Costume and zombie gathering and walk along Main St, Lithgow
- Free scarecrow making workshops at Eskbank House
- Scarecrow art installation in Main St
Council economic development officer Matt Brewster said: “With many businesses and individuals across Lithgow and Portland becoming involved in the event, I am pleased to announce that the Lithgow Mercury, John F Joseph Solicitors and Anderson Surveying are now major event supporters.
“A very spectacular part of the event will include the themed lighting of the iconic John F Joseph Solicitors building at 31 Main St, Lithgow. This will be like a mini Lithglo event in itself.’’
For more information about how to become involved in this event as either a local business operator or community member contact Mr Brewster on (02) 6354 9999.